*
الجمعة: 20 فبراير 2026
  • 19 February 2026
  • 21:07
Egypt  Death of 18 people in a horrific accident south of Port Said

Khaberni - Eighteen people died in a horrific traffic accident that occurred south of Port Said governorate following the collision of two cars, while several others were wounded.

The accident occurred on the June 30 axis road south of Port Said governorate, following the collision of a heavy truck with a pickup truck carrying workers working at fish farms in the governorate.

The accident also resulted in injuries to 3 others, who were transported to hospitals for emergency care and treatment, and efforts are underway to identify the deceased and determine their places of residence.

Health department leadership moved to monitor the health status of the injured and to finalize the procedures for the delivery of the deceased's bodies to their families, issue death certificates, and provide the necessary medical support to the injured.

The Governor of Dakahlia directed coordination with the Deputy Minister of Social Solidarity in Port Said to disburse financial compensations to the families of the deceased and the injured, and to provide them with full support.

Egyptian media reported that Dakahlia Governor Tarek Marzouq communicated with Port Said Governor Ibrahim Abu-Lemon to assess the aftermath of the accident that took place on the June 30 axis and resulted in 18 deaths and 3 injuries so far, likely belonging to residents of the city of Mit Ghamr in Dakahlia governorate.

The governorate stated in a release: "At exactly 12:30 PM on Thursday, an accident occurred following the collision of a heavy truck with a pickup on the June 30 axis in the vicinity of Port Said governorate, resulting in deaths and injuries."

The statement added: "The pickup was carrying workers headed to work at fish farms in Port Said governorate, and it is suspected that they are from the center and city of Mit Ghamr in Dakahlia governorate."

The release clarified: "Immediately, ambulances rushed to the accident site to transport the deceased and injured to hospitals, and Major General Tarek Marzouq, the Governor of Dakahlia, communicated with Major General Ibrahim Abu Lemon, the Governor of Port Said, to assess the impact of the accident and its outcomes, identify the number of deaths and injuries, and provide necessary support."

The statement continued: "So far, the accident has resulted in 18 deaths and 3 injuries, all of whom have been evacuated to hospitals in Port Said governorate, where 6 fatalities and 3 injured were transported to June 30 Hospital, 5 fatalities to El Nasr Hospital, 5 fatalities to El Zahour Hospital, and 2 fatalities to El Salam Hospital, with identification of the deceased and determination of their residences underway."

Tarek Marzouq also directed the Deputy Minister of Health in Dakahlia to fully coordinate with his counterpart in Port Said, monitor the health status of the injured, finalize the procedures for delivering bodies to their families, issue death certificates, and provide necessary medical support.

The Governor of Dakahlia directed the Deputy Minister of Social Solidarity to coordinate with his counterpart in Port Said to distribute financial compensations to the families of the deceased and the injured and to provide them with full support.

Tarek Marzouq, the Governor of Dakahlia, expressed deep sorrow over the occurrence of this painful accident and the loss of life from the residents of Mit Ghamr center and city, extending condolences and sympathy to the victims' families in their great loss.

He affirmed that the medical teams in Port Said hospitals are providing complete medical care to the injured in the best possible manner, emphasizing careful monitoring of their conditions until full recovery.

Topics you may like