Khaberni - Hezbollah announced today, Saturday, the death of the military official Hussein Yaghi and 5 others in the Israeli raids on Bekaa last night, according to Al Jazeera’s correspondent, while Lebanese President Joseph Aoun warned that the continuation of Israeli attacks undermines diplomatic efforts to establish stability.
The party said in a statement: "Hezbollah and the Islamic Resistance herald to its lovers the martyr jihad leader Hussein Mohammed Yaghi Sadiq".
For its part, the Israeli army said in a statement today, Saturday, that it directed a strike targeting 3 Hezbollah command centers in the Baalbek region in Lebanon.
The latest toll indicates that at least 12 people were killed on Friday in Israeli raids on the east and south of the country, while the Israeli army said it targeted Hezbollah and Hamas.
The Lebanese Ministry of Health said in an earlier statement that "the Israeli enemy's raids on more than one town in Bekaa resulted in the martyrdom of 10 citizens and wounded 24, including 3 children".
Raids and escalation
Al Jazeera's correspondent reported that the Israeli escalation moved eastward towards Bekaa, after focusing southward towards the city of Ain el-Hilweh on Friday afternoon.
She noted that the raids were violent and came in chains, explaining that what they resulted in casualties unprecedented since the ceasefire, which came into effect in November 2024.
The correspondent added that the Israeli raids resulted in the destruction of a house and damage to several others, noting that the Israeli escalation comes at a sensitive stage, as the Lebanese army completes its plan north of the Litani to confine arms to the hands of the Lebanese state.
In response to this escalation, President Aoun said that the Israeli raids reflect a disregard for the will of the international community and the resolutions of the United Nations to adhere to Resolution 1701, calling on the countries sponsoring stability in the region to take their responsibilities to stop the Israeli attacks.
Last year, the Lebanese government pledged to disarm Hezbollah, and the Lebanese army said last month that it had completed the first phase of the plan covering the area near the Israeli border up to the Litani River.
The Lebanese army's plan consists of 5 phases, and the second phase includes the area extending from north of the Litani River to the Awali River, which flows north of Sidon, one of the major cities of southern Lebanon, and is located approximately 40 kilometers south of the capital Beirut.
Continuous assaults
Despite reaching an American-mediated ceasefire agreement in November 2024, Israel continues to launch attacks on Lebanon, and the Israeli army is still conducting bulldozing and bombing operations, launching raids in southern Lebanon almost daily.
Israel has kept its forces in 5 strategic hills in southern Lebanon, although the agreement stipulated a complete withdrawal from the area.
These attacks come within the framework of the ongoing Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement on November 27, 2024.



