*
الاربعاء: 18 فبراير 2026
  • 18 فبراير 2026
  • 20:09
Within Days Israel Readies for Joint Attack with the US on Iran

Khaberni - Despite the second round of US-Iranian talks in Switzerland, Israel has heightened its readiness for a joint attack with the US against Iran.

Two Israeli sources informed the American network "CNN" that Tel Aviv has raised its alert level and intensified its military preparations amid increasing indications of a potential "joint US-Israeli attack on Iran in the coming days".

According to the sources, one of whom is a military official, Israel has been skeptical of the US-Iranian negotiations for weeks and has accelerated its operational and defensive planning despite the announced progress in the second round of talks last Tuesday.

One source mentioned that "the potential attack, if authorized by President Donald Trump, is expected to exceed the twelve-day war that erupted last June, and would include coordinated strikes by the United States and Israel".

The sources added that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held several special security consultations this week "to assess readiness and coordination".

The former head of Israeli Military Intelligence, Amos Yadlin, said on Wednesday: "We are much closer than we were before (to launching an attack)".

Speaking on Channel 12 in Israel, he added: "I would think carefully before flying this weekend".

In the meantime, the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee of the Israeli parliament held a closed session with the commander of the Home Front Command of the Israeli army.

The committee chairman, Boaz Bismuth, said: "We are undergoing difficult days facing Iran, and the government and the people are preparing for any scenario" of confrontation.

The American site "Axios" quoted sources as saying that any American military operation in Iran would likely be a massive campaign lasting weeks, and would more closely resemble a full-scale war than the precise operation last month in Venezuela.

The sources pointed out that the operation would likely be a wider and more significant joint US-Israeli campaign for the Iranian regime than the 12-day war led by Israel last June, which was later joined by the United States to destroy Iran's underground nuclear facilities.

According to "Axios", this war would have a profound impact on the entire region, as well as significant implications for the remaining three years of Trump's presidency.

On Tuesday, the American envoys, Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff, met with the Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi for three hours in Geneva.

While both sides stated that the talks "made progress", the gaps remain wide, and American officials do not seem optimistic about narrowing them.

This comes at a time when the American military buildup in the region includes two aircraft carriers, dozens of warships, hundreds of fighter jets, multiple air defense systems and part of this force is still en route.

Over the past 24 hours alone, more than 150 American flights have transported military cargoes of weapons systems and ammunition to the Middle East, and fifty more fighter jets, including F-35s, F-22s, and F-16s, have headed to the region.

مواضيع قد تعجبك